Whew. I've had a wild few days. The boy finally started talking to me again, and he apologized for taking out his frustration on me earlier this summer. I appreciated the apology and am glad he still wants to talk. I miss him very much. In talking to him earlier today, he told me he's off work till Saturday and bored out of his mind, but when I asked him about getting together, he said things were too crazy and he couldn't drive out of town. I wish he'd understand that I need to save all my money too but I believe seeing him is worth spending a bit of it. It wouldn't be so bad if we met halfway. Hopefully things will get better in August.
I went to the allergist this morning to have an allergy evaluation - that wonderful procedure where they scratch your back with a billion different allergens and see what happens. Well, nothing happened. And when they did the under-the-skin test on my arm, nothing happened. So I'm not allergic to anything. I'm not surprised since even poison ivy doesn't bother me. However, I did find out I have asthma. It's not bad, but it is enough to mean I'm clinically asthmatic. I have to use an inhaler twice a day for a month to see if that does anything. I never thought I could be asthmatic. But it does explain why I can't breathe as well when singing and why my frequent bouts of bronchitis are a minimum of three weeks in duration. I guess I'll know more in a month.
I've registered for the GRE. Exactly one month from today, I'll tackle the test that will largely determine where I go to grad school. Between now and then, I get to study study study. I've got the books and will be doing practice problems for the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll do well so I won't have to take it again. This fall's gonna be wild enough as it is. I'm also still in the process of picking grad schools. I've found about 10 that I like, but I don't know if I'm done looking or not. My GRE score will help determine that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment