Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Choir
I had a great time tonight at the KU chamber and concert choir performance. I got to catch up with a friend from Bellevue UMC and try out a local ice cream shoppe! Part of what made the concert so nice for me was that they sang a few songs I have performed. The second piece was my favorite arrangement of "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" (arr. Gilbert Martin), and when they sang "Beati Quorum Via" I was transported back to my days as a Ballard HS Madrigal. And to top it all off, the last song was Moses Hogan's "The Battle of Jericho", which is always a treat to sing or to hear. Though I didn't understand most of the German lyrics, I did catch a few 'nights' and 'thankyous' in the three pieces. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it through without coughing, but I managed to hide it by coughing during the clapping. I'm really glad I was able to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment