Sunday, March 21, 2010
Sleepless Nights & Searching for a New Home
I've had such trouble sleeping this past week that I really don't want to go to bed tonight [I blame my wonderful friends at DePauw =) this time at least, but I think the real reason I'm having trouble is all the traveling I do]. I'm tired, but I'm afraid I'll lay awake for hours, tossing and turning. Last night I finally just got up and did something for two hours rather than think about how stressed I am while lying in bed. I'm mostly stressed over this whole housing thing. I would very much like to sign a lease soon so that I know where I'll be moving in July. I broke down finally and posted an announcement on craigslist. I think it's great that I'm getting both males and females responding offering places to live. I guess that's grad school for you. There are a couple people and their respective places that look neat, so the next step is to meet and see if I still think they're neat in person. I'm also still looking for a place just for me. I'm a little worried about a roommate because of my bunny. I'm not sure how people will react to him - I'm guessing most of them don't know how much space rabbits need! I'm also still unsure enough about myself that I'm worried a roommate will think I'm weird for having so much stuff. But at the same time, living with another person would be very good for me because it would mean I have human contact outside of class and the lab! And living with a guy sounds particularly interesting, especially since he's also a grad student and therefore not a crazy freshman or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment