Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jam-packed June

June has been a pretty busy month so far.  I've been to Miami for an entire weekend and Albany, NY, last Saturday.  On Friday I leave for Ohio.  Since there are only two of us doing all the traveling, we're gone nearly every weekend.  The good news is that I'm close to a free flight on Southwest!  Thankfully there haven't been anymore scary incidents like in Boston and the last two trips have been quite smooth.  Unfortunately, things don't really calm down much in July, but I do have the weekend of the 4th off.

We hired two new GRAs in May, and one started work yesterday.  She has a great attitude, and we're certainly looking forward to handing her some of the travel responsibilities.  She'll come with us this weekend to observe and get a feel for what we do on the home visits.  All this week she'll be practicing the standardized tests we give the kids.  The other GRA will start when she gets here in August, and we have high hopes for her as well.  With two new GRAs plus our hourly coders, we're gonna have a full house come fall!

No comments: