What a day! I love seeing games like this, especially one so good as the Vikings-Saints battle. My only regret is that it means the football season is almost over. I suppose that's a good thing, because I'll likely get more work done ;)
I had a tough time in the early game today deciding who I was going to root for. Growing up in Tennessee and going to school in Indiana means I definitely have some loyalty to Peyton Manning. I was thrilled, however, to see a rookie head coach & rookie QB make it this far. Yes, the Jets had their rough games, but they wouldn't have made it this far if they couldn't play. Though many fans complain about Mark Sanchez's interception quota this season, they often forget that during Peyton Manning's rookie season he threw 28. Anyway, I am glad Peyton will have another chance to get a ring. He's definitely Hall-of-Fame quality, and I don't want people to say 'well he just never won enough Super Bowls...'.
I'll admit, I've not really followed the Saints until this season. Sure, I've watched some of their games, but I never really got into them like the city of New Orleans has. This season, however, I jumped on the bandwagon like many others. I loved watching them play - they could create turnovers so well (especially today!). They didn't always blow teams out, so you never really knew how the game would end. However, I'm glad for the city of New Orleans that their team is going to the Super Bowl for the 1st time in franchise history, and I'm also glad that Pierre Thomas and Jonathan Vilma have something major to celebrate this week.
It should be an awesome game on February 7th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment