Whew! I've made it through a full week of classes (though one hasn't met yet, so technically I'm not out of the woods yet). So far I like them, but it will be a much busier semester than Fall '09. However, I'm all for that. I didn't really feel challenged and fully engaged last semester, but I know I will this time. I've got some great professors and at least three major projects. Of course they all want me to do 'something relevant or practical' with the project. I agree, but I don't know if I can come up with 3 separate parts of a potential Masters thesis that fast! I guess we'll see how it goes.
In other news, I'm excited to have two consecutive weekends in which I do not have to traipse across the country. I enjoy the trips - both the flying and the visiting - but it is also very nice to have my weekends to myself. I never really realized how much I look forward to them! I think this will be my last respite for a while, however, because we've got quite a few families to see over the coming months. During the school year, we usually can only see the kids on the weekends, because we and they have class during the week. Thankfully we try to make sure we balance the trips such that no one travels more than 3 weekends in a row. Still, those three weekends can be exhausting! And usually there's only one weekend 'off' before jumping back in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment