Friday, October 15, 2010

Apparently I lost a couple months in there due to class and work being kinda nuts.  Oh, and I haven't any trip fiascoes lately (though my coworkers have!).

I didn't travel from August 12th until September 24th, which felt very odd after having spent more than a year traveling at least 2 weekends a month.  In mid-September I went to Waxhaw, NC, which was just the right warmth.  The trees weren't quite turning, but it was still a gorgeous trip.
Last weekend I got a treat in that we went to see a family in Clarksville, TN, which meant that I could spend the weekend with my parents.  It was great to be back in Nashville, and it was fun seeing Mom & Dad even if I did get sick from the mold in the ducts. 
In amongst those trips, my colleagues went to Harrisburg, PA, and Washington, DC.  The Harrisburg trip turned out to be somewhat disastrous, at least on the return portion.  Their first flight was delayed, so they missed their connection in Detroit.  Of course the next flight back to KC wasn't until the next morning, so they had to spend the night in a seedy motel near the airport without the luxury of a change of clothes (they'd checked all the luggage).
The Washington, DC, trip wasn't quite so bad, according to their report, though there were 2 accidents on I-70 that Sunday so they sat in traffic for hours.

No comments: