Gatlinburg Conference on Research and Theory in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilites, San Antonio, TX
I'm here attending my second conference in the last 5 months (not to mention my 2nd conference ever). The morning session was great, and I learned a lot. I heard four research presentations from people studying the psychological well-being of caregivers of children with autism and/or ID (intellectual disability), and the discussion that took place after the presentations was quite interesting. After the obligatory opening remarks from the conference coordinator, Dr. Ronald Dahl talked with us about adolescence and neurobiology. His talk was very user-friendly and he was an entertaining speaker!
This afternoon I'll go to another symposium and then an information session by NIH. After that, I'll be participating in my first poster session. I'll be one of 31 researchers standing by our posters discussing them and answering questions. It should be informative for me, but it's also a little nerve-wracking!
(hopefully I'll be relaxed enough to watch the KU game right after!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment